Our Vision and Values
Where Infants Shine
At Westbury Infant School the children are at the heart of everything we do.
Our school is a caring place where ALL people are welcomed, respected, valued and nurtured. We want Westbury Infant School to be a first class centre for teaching and learning that is embedded in the Westbury community. We want each child to be able to thrive and develop so that they fulfil their potential in all areas of their education.
In partnership with parents, develop the whole child physically, spiritually, intellectually and emotionally.
To develop self-awareness and self-esteem and value the child’s achievements.
To enable children to be challenged, to feel confident to take risks in a safe and secure learning environment.
To care for each other and develop a sense of community and collective ownership.
To provide the tools to take the child forward in their learning and to develop their independence.
To see each child as an individual with their own specific needs and style of learning.
To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum which fosters their natural curiosity and promotes enquiry skills. An understanding of British Values will be encouraged within our curriculum.
Ensuring good liaison with other schools, preschools and community agencies for the benefit of children, parents and staff.
Our Mission Statement
To help each child make a successful start to their educational journey through life.
Our values are embedded in all that we do. We believe they reflect our approach to ensuring that our pupils receive the most fulfilling and rewarding education possible.
- Aspiration – We recognise our children’s individual starting points and foster an ethos of challenge and high expectation – where everyone aspires to be the very best that they can be.
- Happiness – Every child should enjoy their education through discovery, learning and play. Our children are happy, healthy and safe in school.
- Resilience – As an infant school, we are highly experienced in the care and teaching of young children – helping them to bounce back when things don’t go right first time.
- Celebration – Our school embraces the uniqueness and curiosity of all our children and encourages high expectations of personal achievement.
- Motivation – We encourage everyone to become lifelong learners by developing a relevant, motivating and enjoyable curriculum whilst taking into account national requirements.
- Consideration – Our children will have an understanding of the contribution they make to the school and will treat others with kindness and respect.
- Creativity – We encourage our children to develop self-expression through play, art and external school visits and trips.
- Tolerance – We foster a positive appreciation and understanding of others.