Equality Objectives Statement
At Westbury Infants we will continuously strive to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Each person will be given fair and equal opportunities to develop their full potential regardless of their gender, transgender, ethnicity, culture and religious background, sexuality, disability, or special educational needs and ability. The school will actively promote equality and foster positive attitudes and commitment to an education for equality.
Our Equality Objectives are:
Through data analysis, focused support, and the removal of deterministic notions of fixed ability, ensure all pupils achieve their full potential in a system of teaching and learning that avoids labelling
- To narrow the gap between boys’ and girls’ attainment and progress across the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1
To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To promote cultural development & understanding through a rich range of experiences, both in & beyond the school
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure the school environment remains as accessible as possible to all pupils, staff, parents & visitors
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
Latest revision September 2018
A copy of our Equality Information Policy can be found here.