When they arrive at school, children need time to deal with books, folders, coats, sandwich boxes etc and can be anxious and distressed if they are late.
- We urge you to make every effort to be on time, as late arrivals are very disruptive for teachers and children who have already begun the day.
- Children go into class from the playground before at 8.45am.
- All children must be in their classes and settled by 8.55am, when the school day starts with registration.
- Morning play lasts for 15 minutes. The children have the opportunity to use the trim trail and adventure playground on a rota basis (weather permitting).
- Lunchtime is divided into three sessions.
- Reception 11.30am - 12.30pm, Year 1 12.00pm - 1.00pm , Year 2 12.30pm-1.30pm
- Dinners are served in the hall at 11.30am, 12.00pm & 12:30pm. Those children having hot meals or sandwiches, eat their lunches together in the hall.
- Children may play outside before or after lunch, or, if it is wet, they will be supervised in the classrooms by the MDSAs.
- The afternoon teaching session is from 12.30pm to 3.15pm for Reception, 1.00pm to 3.15pm for Year 1 and 1.30pm to 3.15pm for Year 2.
- Children must be collected from school by 3.20pm.