School Meals & Pupil Premium
School MealsAll children at Westbury Infant School are entitled to a school meal free of charge. Menus are on a rotation and may be subject to change. Copies are sent out on the back of a newsletter the Friday before the new menu starts. They are also available in reception.
We encourage parents to provide a healthy lunchbox if that is what your child prefers to eat. See below for an example of a healthy lunchbox.
Free School Meals and Pupil PremiumAll children aged between 4-7 years old (Infant School Aged Children) are now entitled to free school meals at lunchtime.
Are you receiving any of the following benefits?
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not working Tax Credit) and your yearly income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, is not more than £16,190.00
At Westbury Infant School we:
- serve a daily starter: self-service salad with a wide variety of seasonal vegetables.
- choose either a meat or vegetarian main meal.
- choose a daily choice of a pudding, yogurt, fresh fruit.
- prepare and cook all meals in our onsite kitchen.
- source our meat locally, within 50 miles of our school.
- serve fresh drinking water on each table.
- serve gravy and sauces which are optional.