At Westbury Infant School we are lucky to have volunteers who help to enhance our children’s learning by listening to them read and helping them in different departments by conducting varied and important tasks.
People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons, for some it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience or knowledge, for others it is the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them.
We are always delighted to hear from potential volunteers. If you are interested in being part of our team of volunteers or would just like some more information, please telephone the school office and ask to speak to Mrs Budge, Headteacher.
Prior to starting work in school as a volunteer you will need to:
- Complete a Volunteer Application form, please ask the office for this
- The school will then seek references for you
- Complete an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) Check, this can be done via the school office. Please be assured that all information will be treated in the strictest confidence. These checks are an Ofsted requirement and are done for the best interest and safety of the children.
- Complete a Declaration of Disqualification form
- Read and complete a number of policies and documents (please see below).
- If you have not been resident in the UK for the past 5 years you may also be asked to provide a certificate of good conduct from the country (or countries) where you resided.
Safeguarding Policies and Documentation
In line with School Procedures all volunteers are required to read and, where applicable, complete the following documentation prior to volunteering. Click here to take you to the Safeguarding page.
To comply with Health and Safety regulations, you must sign in and out at the main office each time you volunteer and wear your visitor ID badge whilst you are on the premises.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact the School on 01373 822716.